ROBLOX FASHION EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Nilvou

1 - How many years have you been designing on ROBLOX Now?

1 - I have been designing for 4 years! This Summer will complete 5!
2 - Who influenced or inspired you to design?

2 - Yozoh was the person who really kicked me to where I am now. Back then I was just re uploading clothes I liked (copying) and it turned into designing my own clothes... I stopped doing it and one day, Yozoh asked me the question "so, when are you going to start designing again? :p" and it started from there. I looked up to designs and they heavily influenced what I created.


3 - Who is your favorite designer of all time, and why?

3 - My favorite designer of all time would also be Yozoh. I get super excited when I see she uploads something new to her inventory. She is so creative and always seems to amaze me with whatever she comes up with. I will never be on her level.


4 - What do you think about the modern ROBLOX Fashion Industry and the new designers who are at the forefront right now?

4 - I think the fashion industry is dying. Ever since the "uncanny valley" thing, fashion has been looked down upon. You don't hear much about fashion groups anymore. For example, a big group like delia*s, I haven't heard about anything they have done in YEARS. Are they still active? For the new designers, it's hard. Good work is being unnoticed because the catalog is clogged with copied clothes and there is no room on Roblox for it to be shown around. Nobody really cares anymore about clothes. It's been a hot minute since I've seen a new designer introduce a new type of style. Everyone seems to depend on one another.


5 - Where do you see ROBLOX Clothing going next what trends/styles will blow up?

5 - I see Roblox artists are getting more likes on Twitter and more of them are debuting, so I think their street style and fancy gowns will make a good mark in the industry. For regular players, they'll be wearing whatever SouledOut comes up with, and let me tell you, she comes up with great stuff.

6 - What are your plans for 2018?

6 - My plans for 2018 are extremely busy so 2019 is easy for me. I am in my Junior year of high school with a job, taking online classes, in choir and JROTC, and I just don't have time to log on Roblox at the moment! But next year, I plan to kick my feet up and rrreeelllaxxxxx!

7 - Do you have a favorite year/era for the ROBLOX Fashion Industry? Why?

7 - My favorite era of the fashion industry is right now! Fashion isn't what it was back in the day. Everyone has their own style, we have learned SO MANY things and it's so exciting to think what we will come up with in the future. 

8 - What is your advice for people who are wanting to become a Designer in the modern industry?

8 - My advice for anyone wanting to be a designer in the modern industry is to STAND OUT. Find what you like and stick to it. You cannot be thinking "oh well so and so are making these cute tops and getting sales.." you have to create what YOU LIKE! NOT WHAT YOUR NEIGHBORS LIKE! And most importantly, you have to be happy with your work. Don't design for the money, believe me, it will not work out. Just have fun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROBLOX FASHION: 2008-2016 fashion timeline (Girls Version) Updated: 03/10/2016

Top 10 Trends That Are Gone For 2018 + How to Fix the Look.